Wednesday, June 1

Miss Margaret and other thoughts...

Here it is. Official blog post for June the 1st. I've felt incredibly up in the air the past couple of weeks. I want my life to have meaning, and I want to share it with people that care about me. Actually, I think that's where much of life's meaning is found- through meaningful relationships with others. Well, unfortunately for me, I now live ALONE, I work at a store with about 40 other people (so it is hard to get to know anyone), my roommates are out of town (currently: in Gulf Shores. in july: home/abroad), and I am unattached romantically (and I promise, I'm not trying to advertise the fact, I'm simply putting it out into the universe so everyone knows I'm now detached and that I'm fine with it). wow...I guess now that I'm more solitary I think its okay to ramble...the point that I was trying to make a couple sentences ago was that it is even harder for me to connect to people because of my life. So, I thought to myself during my 7 hour shift at GAP, what is the meaning of it all? What should I be doing to ensure that I can make these meaningful connections with other people? since I can't control other people, I again thought, "hey, why don't I spend the month of June becoming that much more awesome so these connections will happen better and I will be a much more awesome and happier human being?" this month I am going to focus on myself (and serving others, obviously). Hopefully this journey leads me to better understand myself and the world around me. I just want to be happy, and I think that my new goals (I will refrain from posting them...just in case I don't quite meet them all). This little kitten might help me be a little happier too...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra! I'm glad you commented on my blog because your blog disappeared (well the one I read last) and I haven't seen this one!!! :) So you are working at GAP again? Did the Teach for America end yet? And you got a cat...wow! Exciting! I'm going to catch up on your blog now...and I don't have your phone number so why don't you give it to me!!! :) Just email it: ashleysloan7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete